The first Methodist class meeting was organized in Franklin in 1853.
In April of 1872 the Franklin United Methodist Church had its beginnings with a pastor, nine women, and four men. The present building was dedicated in June of 1873 and by the end of the year were sixty-six members. The congregation continued to grow in spite of economic hard times. In 1903 the memorial stained glass windows were installed and dedicated to the glory of God. In 1905 the pipe organ was purchased and installed and at a cost of $1500 and was completely restored in 1987. During the early 1950’s major renovations of the downstairs Sunday School area were completed. In 1995 we began major repairs and renovations as we prepare to move into a new century of ministry to and with the people of the Franklin area. The Franklin United Methodist Church has been a significant influence in the life of the community for almost 125 years and anticipates many more years of faithful ministry.